Pizza-Porta for the Air-Hinge versions of the Kamado Joe Classic.
--> Have a Kamado Joe Classic (pre air-hinge)? You'll want the Pizza-Porta Large 2.0 instead.
- Body constructed entirely of 18/8 stainless steel. (304 stainless)
- Door and side vents combine for precise temperature control - cook with the chimney closed
- Designed to accommodate the RCL double rack - cook 2 pizzas at once!
- "Pizza-Porta" heat shield is aluminum
- Wooden Handle.
- Door latches for easy carrying
- Stainless steel hardware.
- Door opening is 14" wide - works great with a 12" wide peel.
- Made in the USA.
Why a door? You wouldn’t cook on your Joe with the lid open would you? What does the temperature do if you leave the chimney cap completely off? The kamado grill concept is based on controlling the cooking temperature by controlling the airflow. The Pizza-Porta preserves the airflow control by closing the door and chimney and adjusting the airflow with side vents. A side benefit is that the temperature is balanced front to back. Adjust the temperature to cook pies at 350F, bread at 400F, and pizza at 750F.