All-natural wood planks allow seafood, meat, chicken and vegetables to roast slowly, basting in their own juices, creating a subtle smokey flavor. No fat or oil needs to be added, as the moisture from the plank keeps your food juicy and flavorful with no nutrient loss.
- The Grilling Planks come with full instructions and tasty recipes on the packaging.
- They can be used two or three times before discarding.
- Planks are 15cm x 30cm and cut specially to fit in a regular sink for easy soaking.
- Made in the USA.
Grilling Plank Instructions
- Submerge the plank in water for at least 30 minutes.
- Pre-heat your barbecue to a medium high heat (400-425 degrees).
- Place the soaked plank onto the grill and close the lid for a couple of minutes until the plank starts to smoke.
- Then place the food on the plank, reclose the lid and follow the temperature guide in the recipe. If a flame should occur, douse with water as needed or keep a spray bottle handy.
- Use the plank to serve your meal by placing it on a board or platter. It will be extremely hot, so use tongs, gloves or oven mitts to remove from heat.
- Cleanup is easy with warm soapy water - wash and leave to dry.
- Store in a paper bag. It can usually be used two or three times.
- To dispose of used plank, when cool, you can crumble onto charcoals for additional flavor for future barbecues or discard appropriately.